1. Don’t need to close your eyes during mindfulness meditation.
2. Don’t need to sit still to do mindfulness meditation.
3. Staying present in the moment non-judgmentally, even while walking, eating or working, is what is truly being mindful.
4. Don’t need to shut off your mind as your brain is always going to be active, especially with a trauma history.
5. Don’t need to focus on your breath. Trauma victims find this especially triggering with unpredictable outcomes.
6. Mindfulness meditation is not for quick turnaround of results.
7. Mindfulness meditation is not for everyone!